jeudi 25 janvier 2007

Heat wave?

Here is a summary of what I would like to discuss in my research paper. We all have observed the obvious changes in the weather conditions here in Quebec but also around the world. Christmas 2006 has been one without snow for most areas here in the province of Quebec and the first official snow storm has been registrated on January 15, 2007 (Le Devoir, 01/16/07). With this in mind, I plan to base my research on how the human activities have lead us to these environment disorders. I have decided to choose this topic because it is a matter that is highly related with politics but also with our everyday life. Moreover, this research will inform my audience (my classmates and Prof Saint-Yves) and myself about an issue that will be of first importance in the next few years, considering the new environmental alarm that the international community has rung (United Nations' climate summit in Nairobi, 2006). However, I have still to find if I want to talk about the global warming only here in Quebec, or in Canada or anywhere else in the world. This being said, I have been in Africa two years ago to do volunteering in environment and I wish I could make a link with this experience in my research paper.

Aucun commentaire: