lundi 29 janvier 2007

Research proposal

1)SUBJECT

My general topic is global warming. After reading some primary and secondary sources, I would like my research paper to be on the mentalities that people have towards the protection of the environment depending on their economical status. This being said, the defined approach would be compare and contrast because I would like to compare two countries which are Canada (8th richest country in the world according to the United Nations http://www.uncdf.org/francais/news_and_events/archive/hdr2003-lauzon.php) and Burkina Faso (2nd poorest country in the world according o the United Nations http://www.pnud.bf/FR/cca_undaf.htm). The goal of my research would be to show how different the representations of both countries are when it comes to the environment. Throughout the research, my strategy would be to compare both countries and show what actions are taken in comparison to the needs and then I would like to dress a portrait of both situations. The title of my project would be: The Management of Environment in Canada and in Burkina Faso Depending on the Economical Status.

2)AUDIENCE


The audience would be Professor Saint-Yves and the students of my Written Communication II class. In other words, my audience is from university and up levels. However, those classmates study in different fields and this for, I would need to include maps of the countries that will be compared and also it could be interesting to have a glossary on environmental terms.

3)DEFENCE


The reason why I chose global warming as a general topic is because the last few months have left a lot of people concerned by the obvious changes in the weather. In fact, I believe environment is a new arrived issue on the international scene and that we know little about. The reason why I chose these two countries to compare is because I have been to Burkina Faso two years ago to do environmental volunteering in a small village called Pô. I spent three months trying to understand more the environmental reality there and trying to accomplish concrete projects in order to help them. When it comes to Canada, it is my own country and I wish I knew more about it. Being in Burkina Faso, one of the poorest countries in the world with so different tools than in Canada brought me to ask myself if the situation was worst here or in Burkina Faso when it comes to environment.

4)METHODOLOGY


My research steps will be to continue to find sources about both my countries if my subject is approved. Then, I will do a first draft and review my outline if some parts are weaker. After a peer-reviewing sequence, I will adjust my paper to finally have my final version. Finally, I will prepare my appendices and extra informational paper and put the work together and hand it in. Here is a first draft of my outline.

1. Status of Canada


1.1 Human Development Indices of Canada
1.2 Environmental situation
1.3 Mentalities towards environment of some important actors


2. Status of Burkina Faso

2.1 Human Development Indices of Burkina Faso
2.2 Environmental situation
2.3 Mentalities towards environment of some important actors


3. Comparison

3.1 Environmental policies
3.2 Overall portrait of the situation
3.3 The anticipated results

Aucun commentaire: